You know how you have always dreamed of being a domestic general, in complete control of the comings and goings around your house, a la George Patton himself? Well, today is closest you will ever come to that dream. You have an entire team of movers (okay, 2-3 guys) at your disposal and their job is to follow your direction.
Remember, the best leaders wield their power carefully and thoughtfully.
But, don’t forget that this is your show:
- Be awake and alert at least an hour before the movers are scheduled to show up at your old location.
- An army marches on its stomach, so donuts or bagels are a nice touch and make sure that the movers have access to water.
- Be completely packed and ready to go, unless you have paid the movers to pack for you.
- Have a list of every item that they are moving and where it goes in your new home.
- Make yourself available at all times. Nothing will slow things up more than the movers waiting for you to come back from a coffee run to find out where the sofa goes.
- Be thankful. Movers work hard and they have to pace themselves to successfully complete the job.
- Smile. You’re in a new home.
Congratulations…and, if you are in a Benton Homebuilders new home, you made the perfect choice.